Book: Green Eggs and Ham
Author: Dr. Seuss
Summary: This book is about Sam and he is trying to get the main character to eat green eggs and ham but he wont do it. In the end he finally tries it and loves how they taste.
Evaluation: I really like this book. I can teach about peer pressure. Dr. Seuss always has fantastic books that he writes. This book would fall under the genre of fantasy because a lot of what takes place in the story would not ever happen in real life.
Motivational Activities:
Rhyming: The teacher will have the book on an overhead. On each page the students will have to figure out which words are the rhyming words.
Green Eggs and Ham: The teacher will bring in the ingredients to make green eggs and ham. They will have to using directions and measuring cups which will help with math.
Personal Comments: All of Dr. Seuss' books are great reads. I particularly like them because they contain a lot of nonsense words which will help students when sounding out words. I think this book is a great way to teach rhyming to the students.
Questions:
- Why wouldn't Sam give up trying to get him to eat the food?
- Would you eat green eggs and ham if he kept trying to get you to eat them?
Seuss. Green Eggs and Ham. New York: Beginner, 1960. Print.

No comments:
Post a Comment